Release imminent

Kevin Cernekee cernekee at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 18:07:28 PST 2014

On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 1:59 PM, David Woodhouse <dwmw2 at infradead.org> wrote:
> I think I've fairly much done everything that I had on the TODO list for
> the next release. I've fixed up the GNOME and KDE dialogs to cope with
> the new APIs. Unless Nikos or Kevin scream that I've broken something
> for Windows or Android, or something comes up in testing in the next
> week or so, I'll probably release it as 7.00.

I suppose we may want to fix up (or document) some of the Android
Lollipop compatibility issues, now that the new Nexus devices have
been released:

1) Enable PIE builds.  Required for Lollipop, but it breaks ICS and below:

https://code.google.com/p/android-developer-preview/issues/detail?id=888

2) Allow building for 64-bit CPUs.  I started on this a few months ago
but there were some changes in Bionic that caused compile failures in
gnulib, breaking some of our dependencies.  Need to retest with NDK
r10c and/or fix gnulib.