Setting certificate failed: Internal error in memory allocation.

Joe Beiter joe.beiter at gmail.com
Thu May 22 09:34:28 PDT 2014

I've been using openconnect with a PIV card in ubuntu 12 fine. I'm trying
to migrate to a new laptop using ubuntu 14.04 and having problems

OpenConnect version v5.02 (old one was 4.07)
Using GnuTLS. Features present: PKCS#11, TOTP software token, DTLS (using
OpenSSL)

Linux jwb-laptop 3.13.0-24-generic #47-Ubuntu SMP Fri May 2 23:30:00 UTC
2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

sudo openconnect -v -c 'my piv key cert string' --authgroup=mygroup
https://our-cisco-vpnconcent

output:

Using PKCS#11 key <mykey>
Using client certificate 'my name'
Setting certificate failed: Internal error in memory allocation.
Failed to open HTTPS connection to foo.bar.com
Failed to obtain WebVPN cookie

any suggestions?