unable to use RSA SecureID on Unbuntu 14.04 LTS 64 bit

Kevin Cernekee cernekee at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 10:28:34 PDT 2014

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 9:29 AM, David Woodhouse <dwmw2 at infradead.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-07-29 at 12:05 -0700, Kevin Cernekee wrote:
>>
>> 2) If --token-secret points to a file, read the file contents into
>> token_str.  This would allow sdtid (XML) tokens to be used directly;
>> it may also be helpful in keeping token strings (basically keys) from
>> showing up in "ps".
>
> Let me know if the UTF-8 handling required for this is non-obvious.
>
> For Windows, hopefully your API accepts UTF-8 and will convert to use
> the "Unicode" functions internally? :)

For an input string containing a CTF URI
(http://127.0.0.1/securid/ctf?ctfData=2328...) I would not expect to
see any non-ASCII characters.

For an SDTID XML file, I call xmlReadMemory() with encoding set to
NULL (UTF-8).  There is some variation in how RSA's own utilities
handle non-ASCII characters, and even HTML entities, so I'm not 100%
sure all of the MAC fields are computed correctly.  It would be
helpful for somebody with access to a working, up-to-date RSA
Authentication Manager setup to generate a couple of test tokens.

Don't know if anyone has tried to build libstoken under MinGW.