unable to use RSA SecureID on Unbuntu 14.04 LTS 64 bit

Kevin Cernekee cernekee at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 15:54:39 PDT 2014

On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 3:18 PM, Mark Kolmar <mark at burningrome.com> wrote:
> Regarding the code changes: Do you recommend using stoken
> 0.8~20140721085000-1ppa1~trusty from the PPA? Offhand, it looks like that is
> a package appropriate for Ubuntu 14.04 (64 bit?), and the source can be
> downloaded at https://github.com/cernekee/stoken.

That has most of what you need, but the example code I just posted may
need commit 4bd371473 (library: Fix handling of empty PIN strings)
from two days ago.

0.6 is definitely too old, since I added the new fields in response to
this thread.

> Using stoken or stoken-gui will not work the way you suggest. Authentication
> requires two passwords. The first password requested in the Cisco AnyConnect
> GUI would be the tokencode, and is entered manually. Under that, a second
> password is entered. As it is not possible to specify the prefix or supply
> the first password directly using openconnect, the VPN server does not
> accept the generated tokencode.

If you don't use "openconnect --token-mode" at all, can you log on by
manually typing the appropriate password into each blank?