DNS not working on OSX Mavericks

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Thu Jul 3 08:52:42 PDT 2014

On 3 July 2014 11:42, David Woodhouse <dwmw2 at infradead.org> wrote:
> Hm, odd. Did you ever come up with a coherent solution to this?
> Arguably, it's OK to do something which "breaks split DNS" in the case
> when you weren't using split DNS, so we could make that line
> conditional. But isn't DNS still going to be broken in the 'split' case,
> and never give you answers for hosts on the VPN?

My coherent solution is currently to use my other Linux or Windows
machines, depending on what bit of the VPN I need to access, and will
be installing the commercial VPN tools along with numerous other
"approved" applications soon...

I considered filing a bug but as I wasn't actually using vpnc, I can
see it being ignored.

Ross