Better bad password prompt?

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Sun Feb 16 10:32:33 EST 2014

On 02/16/2014 10:25 AM, Steve wrote:
> AnyConnect iOS client, input wrong password when connect will lead to
> "unexpected error" after a long time(5-8s) other than reprompt user
> credential input.

What is the expected error to be sent from anyconnect servers when a
wrong password is sent?

> Another question is how to bring back XML auth, no matter set true or
> false of cisco-client-compat, iOS or Mac client doesn't let user input
> username and password at same time.

That is because of pam support which asks one question at a time. I
could make the other simpler back-ends to ask at once, but I'd prefer
not to have additional complexity unless there is serious usability
problem with the current behavior.