Debian 7.4 Issues

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Feb 12 18:42:08 EST 2014

On Wed, 2014-02-12 at 17:32 -0600, meLon wrote:
> I'm experiencing issues with openconnect on debian 7.4.
>
> I've not experienced this issue with Ubuntu and I've been able to
> successfully use openconnect in other situations.
>
> I've provided a lot of information at this post, and hope somebody
> will be
> able to help figure out what might be my problem:
> http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/114960/debian-7-4-networkmanager-and-openconnect-issues

As far as I can tell, openconnect isn't even being *invoked* here. You
have a NetworkManager bug. Or even a gnome-shell bug perhaps.

If you run 'nmcli c show', does your VPN connection show up?

Is your physical connection actually managed by NetworkManager?

If you run 'nmcli c up uuid $UUID' with the uuid of your vpn connection
(shown in the 'nmcli c show' output), what happens?

Put that information into a bug in either the Debian bugtracker (against
the NetworkManager package) or
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=NetworkManager