Windows support

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Feb 11 17:09:48 EST 2014

On Tue, 2014-02-11 at 10:33 +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-02-11 at 11:26 +0100, Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:
> >
> > The issue should be on certain releases in the 3.2.x branch. Is
> > select() also working on the 3.1.16 package?
>
> It appears to be, yes. However, my main loop is currently blocking on
> reading from the tun/tap device because Windows is horrid and you can't
> select() on that. So it's slightly non-trivial to tell :)
>
> I'm currently looking at just how awful it would be to convert to using
> Windows events. It's either that or spawn a thread just to handle the
> tun device.

All done. Not quite as horrid as I anticipated. And lays the foundation
for us supporting epoll() if we really want to, too.

I have yet to find an issue with native push/pull functions in the
3.1.16 release.

And I also finally have interface configuration with 'netsh' working,
after running the OpenVPN tool which creates a *new* tun/tap device. For
some reason the first one was playing silly buggers. If I nab
vpnc-script-win.js from the vpnc distribution and run openconnect with
'--script "cscript vpnc-script-win.js"', it works.

Do we have support for using keys in the Windows certificate store?