mingw32 patch

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Thu Feb 6 12:49:32 EST 2014

On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 6:05 PM, David Woodhouse <dwmw2 at infradead.org> wrote:

> We can't lift code from vpnc because OpenConnect is LGPL not GPL.
> There's some Win32 tun/tap code in http://i3.cs.berkeley.edu/ and it
> might be worth asking what their licence is; it's not clear.
> Reimplementing it from scratch shouldn't be impossible but I probably
> lack the wit to do it for myself without copying.

I think making openconnect gpl when compiled in windows isn't very
unreasonable, but you could also have the tun device to be provided
externally in that platform.

> ... I can make connections under wine. If I use OpenSSL I get DTLS
> connections. If I use GnuTLS (Fedora's mingw32-gnutls 3.1.16 package) it
> just says:
>
> DTLS handshake failed: Error in the pull function.

In that version the idiotic gnulib replacements are in place so you'll
 need to use gnutls_transport_set_pull_timeout_function() as well with
a function similar or identical to:
https://www.gitorious.org/gnutls/gnutls/source/86ae432353a1882893b4ff4df2333aab1e4a9529:lib/system.c#L133