Connected, can ping, but nothing else?

Mark Drummond mark at markdrummond.ca
Tue Feb 4 22:16:21 EST 2014

Hello all,

I am trying to get openconnect working on my laptop (Arch Linux). So
far I have managed to get connected to the VPN service, but I am
unable to get any useful traffic over the connection. Specifically:

* I can ping hosts on the network that I am connected to

* I cannot do anything else ... e.g., SSH to the same host that I can ping

Services like SSH just sit there until they eventually time out.

I've spent some time trying out command line options. It appears that
I have to specify --certificate and --sslkey. I also need
--no-xmlpost. With those three options I can connect and successfully
authenticate. I can then ping any of my unix or linux hosts, but
cannot SSH to them.

I'm still poking at this, but at a bit of a loss. I'd prefer not to go
back to the anyconnect client if I can help it.

- Mark