IPv6 in AnyConnect for iOS

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Tue Dec 30 02:18:27 PST 2014

On Tue, 2014-12-30 at 13:50 +0800, sskaje wrote:
> I tried the latest commits, IPv6 address is successfully assigned to
> clients, but not the route.
>
> If no route is set, a 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0/128 can be found in anyconnect,
> if any route like  route = 2001::/16, connection fails.

If the full IP6 is not negotiated, then the IPv6 routes get in the
header "X-CSTP-Split-Include:". As you describe the anyconnect client
doesn't seem to understand that.

David's commit at:
http://git.infradead.org/users/dwmw2/openconnect.git/commitdiff/e9b90e7b
seem to suggest that there is no route passing in that case. I'm
wondering whether that client would be able to parse a custom header of
"X-CSTP-Split-Include-IP6". If that doesn't work we'll have to figure
out how and if an anyconnect server is able to send such routes.