connecting to dynamic dns

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri Dec 5 04:36:24 PST 2014

On Tue, 2014-12-02 at 20:24 +0100, Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:

> Attached both patches. The first patch is identical to the one
> previously sent, and the second disables dyndns if split_includes is
> empty, i.e., server asks for default route.

I suppose the second is mostly made redundant by the fact that we now
gracefully fall back to using the previous IP address when DNS fails.

If DNS *actually* isn't working, because it's trying to use the VPN for
DNS, then it'll effectively get the same non-DynDNS behaviour anyway.

I've refactored the first patch somewhat to keep it a lot more isolated
within the connect_https_socket() function, and also stop it falling
back to the previously-cached address if that address was in the fresh
DNS results and it already tried it.

Please take a look and retest the version at
http://git.infradead.org/users/dwmw2/openconnect.git/commitdiff/2f55fec