TAP adapter detection

Greg Toombs gtoombs at lakeheadu.ca
Thu Apr 17 14:01:43 PDT 2014

Found the problem. tun-win32.c:45 -
#define TAP_COMPONENT_ID "tap0901"

This is only valid for the most recent version of the TAP adapter. For
other versions, this should actually be "tapoas". So openconnect
saying that there are no TAP adapters is incorrect. Instead, it should
check all known component IDs, and then check for the version, so that
instead of reporting no TAP adapters, it detects the following:

Error: TAP-Windows driver v9.9 or greater is required (found 9.7)
Set up tun device failed