5.02 on Fedora 20: Failed to read from SSL socket: Success.

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Apr 14 14:35:39 PDT 2014

On Mon, 2014-04-14 at 23:16 +0200, Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:
> On Mon, 2014-04-14 at 21:30 +0200, Gergely Polonkai wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > When I try to connect to our company router with OpenConnect, I get
> > this error after I enter my username/password:
> >
> > USERNAME:gergely
> > PASSWORD:
> > POST https://***/webvpn.html
> > Failed to read from SSL socket: Success.
> >
> > Official AnyConnect client that came with the device work well on
> > Windows clients, so the router has no configuration problems (I
> > guess). Can someone direct me to a solution? Also, if I can help with
> > any other debug data, let me know!
>
> The best would be to check the session with wireshark. What I can think
> of, is that the server closes the TLS session for some reason, (return
> value 0) which is reported as success. The only way to know is by
> wireshark. Now why the server could close the session, that's another
> question, for later.

PErhaps because it's sent an HTTP/1.0 response and is done with it, and
can't be bothered to shut the SSL down cleanly?

I think I should have fixed this in commit c7077b96b (for a server which
turned out not to be AnyConnect at all in the end).

Gergely, please could you test the latest code from git or the 5.99
release? You didn't specify, but I suspect you were using something
older?