Is it possible to force use of the authgroup?

Kevin Cernekee cernekee at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 08:10:11 PDT 2014

On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 3:16 AM, Andrew Stubbs <andrew.stubbs at gmail.com> wrote:
> Something changed on the server end last night, and this morning I cannot
> authenticate because it does not prompt which authgroup I want to use. When
> I try to login anyway I get a message that I don't have permission to do
> that and I should use the authgroup.
>
> Basically it wants me to log in using an option that it hasn't presented to
> me.
>
> I've tried with and without the --authgroup setting, but neither works. I
> presume this is because no authgroups are prompted for. Is it possible to
> insist on logging in that way?

Your authgroup can be set a couple of ways:

 - Through the dropdown (which doesn't seem to be enabled here)
 - From a group-url, e.g. https://vpn.foobar.com/mygroup
 - From your client cert

For the latter item, we did see some cases where the client cert would
not be requested.  You can try --no-http-keepalive as a quick
workaround.

If that doesn't help, try building the latest head of tree from
git.infradead.org.  If at all possible, leave XML POST enabled and use
a CSD wrapper script.

> The Windows Anyconnect client works fine, so I presume something is
> possible.

Does the official Linux Anyconnect client work?  Which version?

Do you see an authgroup dropdown in that client?  If so, does it
disappear when you don't present the client cert?