Feature Request: --os=android

Kevin Cernekee cernekee at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 22:09:05 EDT 2013

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 2:56 PM, Jason Greathouse <jgreat at aquillius.net> wrote:
> I'd like to request the ability to report that my system is "android"
> or maybe "ios". --os="android". This appears to just require adjusting
> the headers and xml that is sent in the initial POST.

I have added this in my "android-csd" branch:

https://github.com/cernekee/openconnect/commit/47c274cb0aaa429f6d6549677b42c297cb391677

For the wrapper script see:

https://github.com/cernekee/ics-openvpn/commit/e4d02f98028228c6e69406cbde50d77c6729910b

This is still a work in progress.  The end goal is to fully
incorporate it into the openconnect fork of ics-openvpn so it is
usable through the GUI.  The JNI bindings are present in my tree, but
currently untested.

To try it from the Android command line, push openconnect,
libopenconnect.so.2, curl, and android-csd.sh to /data/local/tmp with
adb and then run:

export PATH=/data/local/tmp:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/data/local/tmp
openconnect --csd-wrapper /data/local/tmp/android-csd.sh <HOSTNAME>

BTW, has anybody been able to use the Cisco Android client to connect
to ocserv?  I am able to authenticate, but then the app logs
CSTPPROTOCOL_ERROR_NO_LICENSE_FROM_HEADEND and disconnects.

It might be looking for a "X-CSTP-License" header, but I get
CVCCONFIG_ERROR_BAD_LICENSE_VALUE errors if I try setting it to either
"mobile" or "android".