Warnings on OSX after latest upgrade

James Wendel jmwendel at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 10:07:37 EDT 2013

Using OpenConnect v5.01.

I upgraded a lot of stuff at once so I'm not sure the exact cause, but
I: upgraded to OSX 10.8.5, upgraded to XCode 5, and upgraded the
Command Line Utilities within xcode.  I noticed that the OpenSSL
version on OSX is now "OpenSSL 0.9.8y 5 Feb 2013".  For my co-workers
that haven't upgraded yet, their OpenSSL version is "OpenSSL 0.9.8x 10
May 2012".

Now after I connect to my VPN server, I get this message twice (60
seconds apart):
     DTLS handshake failed: 2

Then after that, I get these 2 messages at the same time every 60 seconds:
    DTLS handshake failed: 1
    2531:error:14102410:SSL routines:DTLS1_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert
handshake failure:/SourceCache/OpenSSL098/OpenSSL098-47.2/src/ssl/d1_pkt.c:1037:SSL
alert number 40

I continuously get those messages until I disconnect from the VPN
server.  I can easily enough ignore it, but I wanted to bring it up.
I am not noticing any particular issue with my connection, just that
I'm getting that warning now.

Do you need any other debug info from my to look into this?