What's the proxy URL format to be passed to --proxy option?

Kevin Cernekee cernekee at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 13:31:12 EDT 2013

On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 9:48 AM, Murilo Opsfelder Araújo
<mopsfelder at gmail.com> wrote:
> It's not clear to me what's the proxy URL format to be specified as
> the value for --proxy option.
>
> We tried the following with no success:
>
> --proxy=http://user:password@proxyserver:8080

This uses internal_parse_url(), which doesn't currently support the
"user:password@" syntax.

So this works (sort of):

$ openconnect --proxy http://localhost:3128 vpn.uci.edu
Attempting to connect to proxy 127.0.0.1:3128
Requesting HTTP proxy connection to vpn.uci.edu:443
Unexpected continuation line after CONNECT response: 'Proxy-agent:
tinyproxy/1.8.3'
SSL negotiation with vpn.uci.edu
Connected to HTTPS on vpn.uci.edu
POST https://vpn.uci.edu/
XML POST enabled
GROUP: [Default-WebVPN|Merage|MerageFull|UCI|UCIFull]:^C