Problem with establishing VPN connections with client

Tony Zhou tonytzhou at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 22:28:49 EST 2013

It turns out regardless of the server setting, SmoothConnect needs to
add the flag "--disable-ipv6" to be able to successfully establish the
connection. I thought it does not matter initially since my host and
client both has ipv6 disabled.

BTW, how do you write iptable rules to redirect the traffic? I use the
following (which works for PPTP, L2TP, OpenVPN and IPSec) but not working.

-A POSTROUTING -s 192.168.1.0/24 -o eth0 -j SNAT --to-source server.ip.addr

And there are no other VPN services using this IP section.