Problems connecting to VPN that insists on downloading secure desktop

Martin Uhrin martin.uhrin at gmail.com
Mon May 20 05:42:18 EDT 2013

Dear Openconnect community,

I'm trying to connect to our Uni VPN which I haven't done with
openconnect before so I have no idea if I can expect it to work.

The latest failure I get is 'Failed to exec CSD script
/tmp/csdq9y1Q8'.  I realise that I can supply a custom script but what
would this have to contain?

Would someone be able to see if they can get past this stage of
communicating with our server?

Many thanks,
-Martin

OS: Ubuntu 64 13.04

Full output:

./openconnect -v vpn.ucl.ac.uk --csd-user=[my username]
Attempting to connect to server 128.40.125.50:443
SSL negotiation with vpn.ucl.ac.uk
Matched DNS altname 'vpn.ucl.ac.uk'
Connected to HTTPS on vpn.ucl.ac.uk
POST https://vpn.ucl.ac.uk/
Got HTTP response: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 09:34:25 GMT
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 09:34:25 GMT
HTTP body chunked (-2)
Refreshing +CSCOE+/sdesktop/wait.html after 1 second...

(This just repeats ad-infinitum).