Add TOTP (RFC6238) one-time password support

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sat Mar 9 17:40:30 EST 2013

On Fri, 2013-03-08 at 21:48 -0500, John Morrissey wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 07, 2013 at 11:55:18PM +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
> > On Thu, 2013-03-07 at 18:39 -0500, John Morrissey wrote:
> > > - openconnect_set_stoken_mode no longer accepts the use_stoken argument
> > >   and instead always tries to initialize libstoken when called. This
> > >   makes sense in openconnect(8), but I'm not sure how much of a concern
> > >   this API change is for upstream consumers of libopenconnect. I also
> > >   wasn't sure how to account for this in libopenconnect.map.in.
> >
> > You can't account for it. It's an ABI break and it would take us to
> > libopenconnect.so.3. I'd like to avoid this change, if possible.
>
> Sure, it's easy enough. See this iteration of the patch.

Hm, but now your openconnect_set_oath_mode() API is inconsistent with
openconnect_set_stoken_mode().

I'd probably be inclined to make them match.

Or even to use openconnect_set_stoken_mode() for *both*. Just pass zero
to disable, 1 for stoken and 2 for OATH.

I think we want to add OATH to print_build_opts() too?

> Also in this iteration of the patch. Though I think packagers who complain
> about a lack of --disable-$THING should be introduced to clean build
> chroots. :-)

Perhaps :)

But it doesn't hurt to have --without-foo options.