android log

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Thu Mar 7 05:33:17 EST 2013

On 03/06/2013 10:57 PM, David Woodhouse wrote:

> On Wed, 2013-03-06 at 19:40 +0100, Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:
>> As it is now for android, you may only use the version of gnutls in git.
>
> Hm, but it doesn't build from git *either*.
>
> First, autohate aborts because it's missing a ChangeLog file. A purely
> cosmetic file which has absolutely no relevance to the build process
> whatsoever. Creating an empty file seems sufficient to make it work,
> thankfully. But I hate autohell more and more every day...

I am pretty much annoyed by that too. I should file a bug report to
automake people. Nevertheless the process to autogenerate those files in
gnutls is by running "make autogen".

> make[4]: Entering directory `/ssd/git/gnutls/tests/suite'
>   CC     libecore_la-ecore_anim.lo
> In file included from ecore/src/lib/ecore_anim.c:8:0:
> ecore/src/lib/Ecore.h:185:51: error: unknown type name 'fd_set'
> ecore/src/lib/Ecore.h:185:68: error: unknown type name 'fd_set'
> ecore/src/lib/Ecore.h:185:86: error: unknown type name 'fd_set'
> ecore/src/lib/Ecore.h:384:59: error: unknown type name 'Ecore_Select_Function'
> make[4]: *** [libecore_la-ecore_anim.lo] Error 1
> make[4]: Leaving directory `/ssd/git/gnutls/tests/suite'
> It looks like I can prevent it from building the tests just by removing
> tests/suite/mini-eagain2.c, so I'll do that...

I've added an option --disable-tests, to avoid entering that directory.

> Finally, I have to explicitly override GNUTLS_LIBS to what I get from
> 'pkg-config --static', so it includes -lhogweed etc. Even your patch for
> static libtool libraries doesn't fix the FOO_LIBS that I get from
> pkgconfig.

I had an earlier patch that added PKG_CHECK_STATIC_MODULES, to get the
proper dependencies for any used library. It's a shame PKG_CHECK_MODULES
cannot be used for both purposes.

btw. it may make sense to include p11-kit as well to the list of
libraries to take advantage of the various microsd cards that provide
smart card modules.