cisco secure desktop

Mike Miller mtmiller at ieee.org
Wed Jul 17 15:45:56 EDT 2013

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 08:48:09 -0600, ChadDavis wrote:
> I'm trying to connect to my companies vpn with open connect.  I'm
> running Debian linux.  I'm having trouble, obviously ;)  So, normally
> my company has users install the cisco vpn client via an applet that
> automagically sets everything up for you.  This applet hangs
> indefinitely in my browsers.  I can't quite sort out yet what the
> problem is.
>
> However, I found openconnect in the debian repos and went with it.
> Wonderful integration with the network manager; impressive improvement
> over recent years.  However, when I actually try to connect to the
> vpn, it complains about a lack of Cisco Secure Desktop.

Hi Chad,

You haven't said whether you are enabling CSD in openconnect [1]. Have
you checked the checkbox "Allow Cisco Secure Desktop trojan"? Or
equivalently passing the --csd-user option on the command line?

My VPN does not have this "feature" so I am not positive, but you may
need to install 32-bit libs for the CSD program to run if your Debian
system is 64-bit [2].

[1] http://www.infradead.org/openconnect/csd.html
[2] http://wiki.debian.org/FAQsFromDebianUser#Multiarch

HTH,