openconnect in android

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Thu Feb 28 19:21:01 EST 2013

On 02/28/2013 02:10 PM, David Woodhouse wrote:

> On Thu, 2013-02-28 at 08:01 -0500, Jason Cooper wrote:
>> Wow, that was a while ago.  The (ancient) code is still up on infradead
>> [1] and if you look at the dates, you could probably dig up the patch
>> submissions to this mailing list.
>
> The OpenConnect parts are all merged. We even gained keystore support
> last June, and an openconnect binary for Android ought to build straight
> out of my git repo.

I couldn't figure out how to do that with the dependencies. Nevertheless
I found cerbero [0] which looks very familiar to me (reminds me of
buildroot) and it seems to be able to cross compile almost any
autoconf-using program on many environments (from ios to android).

[0]. http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-libtasn1/2013-01/msg00002.html

[on another e-mail]

> although it would be great if someone
> would make a package out of it which uses the "new" VPN API in ICS that
> lets it run as non-root. We have the UI side for the authentication
> already; we just need the VPN 'plumbing'...

Indeed, and not only that the CA and user certificates should be read
from the keystorage. I suppose these could be handled by a wrapper app,
but I'm not really sure.