Trouble with network-manager-openconnect-gnome when using a gateway with multiple IP addresses

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Feb 4 19:16:46 EST 2013

On Mon, 2013-02-04 at 18:21 -0500, Brian D Peyser PhD wrote:

> $ git clone git://git.infradead.org/users/dwmw2/openconnect.git
> $ cd openconnect/
> $ sudo apt-get build-dep openconnect
> $ sudo apt-get install libopenconnect-dev
> $ ./autogen.sh
> $ ./confgure
> $ make
> $ sudo make install

It looks like Ubuntu 12.04 is still on OpenConnect v3.15. If the GUI
auth-dialog was running at all, it would have been using the *old*
library which has a different soname.

You could try 'git reset --hard v3.15 ; git cherry-pick b0b4b34f' and
then redo the ./autogen.sh; ./configure --prefix=/usr; make;make install
again.

You *will* need to make sure you build again OpenSSL not GnuTLS, because
the GUI auth-dialog is so old that it doesn't cope with GnuTLS. I had to
change the library ABI to be SSL-library-agnostic, and that's why the
soname got bumped.

However, if you want to make smartcards work, you'll need to be using
GnuTLS. You might be better off using Fedora where everything is more up
to date; at least to get you to the point where everything is working as
a proof of concept, and you can focus on what to backport to Ubuntu.