Trouble with network-manager-openconnect-gnome when using a gateway with multiple IP addresses

Brian D Peyser PhD brianpeyser at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 18:21:58 EST 2013

On Mon, 2013-02-04 at 16:04 +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
> Please try with the patch I just pushed to the openconnect git tree:
>
> http://git.infradead.org/users/dwmw2/openconnect.git/commitdiff/b0b4b34f

Thanks David,

I did the following:

$ git clone git://git.infradead.org/users/dwmw2/openconnect.git
$ cd openconnect/
$ sudo apt-get build-dep openconnect
$ sudo apt-get install libopenconnect-dev
$ ./autogen.sh
$ ./confgure
$ make
$ sudo make install

$ openconnect --version
OpenConnect version v4.07-90-gb37161f
Using OpenSSL. Features present: TPM (OpenSSL ENGINE not present), DTLS

$ openconnect --script=/etc/vpnc/vpnc-script remoteaccessvpn.nih.gov
Attempting to connect to server 156.40.250.130:443
SSL negotiation with 156.40.250.130
Server certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate

Certificate from VPN server "156.40.250.130" failed verification.
Reason: unable to get local issuer certificate
Enter 'yes' to accept, 'no' to abort; anything else to view: yes
Connected to HTTPS on 156.40.250.130
POST https://156.40.250.130/
Got HTTP response: HTTP/1.0 302 Object Moved
SSL negotiation with 156.40.250.130
Server certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate
Connected to HTTPS on 156.40.250.130
GET https://156.40.250.130/+webvpn+/index.html
Please enter your username and password.
Username: XXXXX
Password:
POST https://156.40.250.130/+webvpn+/index.html
Got CONNECT response: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
CSTP connected. DPD 30, Keepalive 480
TUNSETIFF failed: Operation not permitted

When I try to use the Network-Manager-openconnect GUI I get a segfault.

Is there anything I did here that is wrong? When I cloned the git I
looked at ssl.c and it seemed to be updated with the patches in
http://git.infradead.org/users/dwmw2/openconnect.git/commitdiff/b0b4b34f.

Maybe I need to do a reboot? Haven't done that yet.

Hmm was just thinking maybe I missed the openssl-dev package. I'll need
that too, right?

I don't do much compiling/development, so let me know if I messed
anything up here!