RFC: OpenConnect enhancements

Kevin Cernekee cernekee at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 23:29:02 EDT 2012

David W,

I was wondering if I could get your opinion on a couple of items
mentioned in TODO, contribute.xml, and nonroot.xml:

1) SecurID integration - is it your current line of thinking that
SecurID tokencode input should just be handled via "--passwd-on-stdin"
(possibly autogenerated by an external program), or did you still want
to explore the idea of adding the tokencode calculation right into
OpenConnect?

2) lwIP SOCKS proxy - do you think it is a good idea to add David
Edmondson's ocproxy/ocvpn (or a reasonable facsimile) to the main
OpenConnect repo, possibly under a contrib/ directory?  Or is this
better off living as a separate project?

3) "Better support for Cisco Secure Desktop" - were you thinking in
terms of creating a fully open source CSD clone, bundling a script
that merely spoofs the "good" response, or something else?

Thanks.