Unable to connect to QuickVPN on cisco rv220w

Snott Admin admin at snott.net
Thu Sep 27 16:39:54 EDT 2012

Hi all,

While searching for a solution to my problem I found this mailing-list.

I am using openconnect on Arch Linux, here are the version details:

└─╼ openconnect --version
OpenConnect version v4.06
Using OpenSSL. Features present: TPM (OpenSSL ENGINE not present), DTLS

I am unable to connect to the rv220w cisco router VPN (It works on the
QuickVPN client on windows)

The main reason I think its happening is that it doesn't ask me for my
username or password.

Here is the output I get:

openconnect 190.190.191.190
Attempting to connect to 190.190.191.190:443
SSL negotiation with 190.190.191.190
Server certificate verify failed: self signed certificate

Certificate from VPN server "190.190.191.190" failed verification.
Reason: self signed certificate
Enter 'yes' to accept, 'no' to abort; anything else to view: yes
Connected to HTTPS on 190.190.191.190
GET https://190.190.191.190/
Refreshing (null) after 1 second...
SSL negotiation with 190.190.191.190
Server certificate verify failed: self signed certificate
Connected to HTTPS on 190.190.191.190
GET https://190.190.191.190/
Refreshing (null) after 1 second...
SSL negotiation with 190.190.191.190
Server certificate verify failed: self signed certificate
Connected to HTTPS on 190.190.191.190
GET https://190.190.191.190/
Refreshing (null) after 1 second...

That message just keeps on appearing until I hit ctrl+c

If I give it my .pem file I get a different error:

openconnect -c Downloads/https.pem https://190.190.191.190

Attempting to connect to 190.190.191.190:443
Using client certificate '/CN=442B037E8AA1/OU=RV220W/O=Cisco Systems,
Inc./C=US'
Failed to identify private key type in 'Downloads/https.pem'
Failed to open HTTPS connection to 190.190.191.190
Failed to obtain WebVPN cookie

What can I do to solve this?

thanks for the help!!!

NOTE: I changed the IP address for obvious reasons :D