Cisco server with ASDM on port 443

Henry Ludemann misc at hl.id.au
Wed Nov 14 05:12:20 EST 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to setup a connection to a CISCO ASA 5510 that has the ASDM
service hosted on port 443, so when the openconnect client tries to
connect I get

  Got HTTP response: HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
  Unexpected 401 result from server
  Failed to obtain WebVPN cookie

I have the standard loging details (IPSec gateway / IPSec ID / IPSec
secret / Xauth username / Xauth password), but haven't had much
success. I'm using the latest git (ada3dea00e4c71633) on Amazon Linux
AMI release 2012.09 with the vpnc-script from the vpnc-scripts git
repository.

I'm unfamiliar with connecting to a Cisco VPN, and it's possible the
server has been mis-configured (using vpnc appears to connect, but
times out on reads, so it's doing something different).

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Henry