DNS problem

Andreas Profous andreas.profous at kreuzwerker.de
Mon Mar 5 11:29:59 EST 2012

Hi,

sorry for the fact that my question comes from a newbie, but I hope
you can help me nonetheless.

I try to connect to a company VPN using openconnect under OpenSUSE
12.1, with openconnect built directly from the git repository.

I get the following output in the command line (I deleted/changed some
secret stuff):
Attempting to connect to 11.11.11.11:443
SSL negotiation with foo.bar.de.
Connected to HTTPS on foo.bar.de
GET https://foo.bar.de
Got HTTP response: HTTP/1.0 302 Object Moved
SSL negotiation with foo.bar.de
Connected to HTTPS on foo.bar.de
GET https://foo2.bar.de/index.html
POST https://foo2.bar.de/index.html
Got CONNECT response: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
CSTP connected. DPD 180, Keepalive 30
Connected tun0 as 10.88.5.168, using SSL + deflate
Established DTLS connection

When I try to ping a server, which I know exists, the name cannot be resolved:
$ nslookup bamboo.foo.bar.de
Server:                192.168.2.2
Address:        192.168.2.2#53

** server can't find bamboo.foo.bar.de: NXDOMAIN

192.168.2.2 is our local DNS server, which apparently in my case
doesn't know how to resolve IP addresses pertaining to the VPN.

What DOES work is when I open a browser and enter 172.25.10.20 - the
IP address of bamboo.foo.bar.de - then the expected page does indeed
load.

Do you guys have any clue?

Thanks in advance,
Andreas