pMTU discovery

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Jun 12 20:05:02 EDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-06-08 at 23:29 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> Does the Cisco client get it "right" in this situation? How? After
> running 'ip route flush cache' can you capture the traffic (host $SERVER
> or icmp or icmp6) and see precisely what it's doing?
>
> I'm imagining some trick with sending a 1500-byte UDP packet to the
> server before making the TCP connection... but that's horrid.

Any progress on this? I'm almost ready to do a v4.00 release of
OpenConnect with fully functional GnuTLS support (including PKCS#11 and
TPM). I might disable the automatic setting of base-mtu from TCP_INFO
data, since it's not working, and just leave you with the command line
option for it until we work out a better way to detect it.