Openconnect Network Manager Interaction Ubuntu 12.04

Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre mathieu.tl at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 14:01:22 EDT 2012

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 10:50 AM, Mcclelland, Michael B Mr CTR USN USA
<michael.b.mcclelland at us.army.mil> wrote:
> Openconnect is populated on the VPN creation menu for Fedora but doesn't show up in Ubuntu 12.04.  I assume this is because the network manager in Ubuntu is older.  Would trying a more up to date version perhaps the  one that’s included on the current alpha of 12.10 possibly help?

network-manager-openconnect as it is in Ubuntu 12.04 should work fine;
it's been used successfully by users.

There is one non-obvious thing though: the package you want to install
is 'network-manager-openconnect-gnome' to have the option appear in
nm-applet. This will automatically install
network-manager-openconnect, but the reverse isn't true. The '-gnome'
packages were split up for all VPN plugins around 10.10 (IIRC) to
avoid unnecessary extra dependencies on GTK for KDE users.

Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre <mathieu.tl at gmail.com>
Freenode: cyphermox, Jabber: mathieu.tl at gmail.com
4096R/EE018C93 1967 8F7D 03A1 8F38 732E  FF82 C126 33E1 EE01 8C93