CAC modules

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Jul 19 10:54:17 EDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-07-19 at 10:49 -0400, Mcclelland, Michael B Mr CTR USN USA wrote:
> I might be oversimplifying but couldn't I get away with simply doing a
> symlink?  Something like this?
>
> sudo ln -s /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
> /etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.crt

Yes, that works too.

> Worked when I tested.  I'd hate to have you guys have to burdened with extra
> code on my account when the blame should rest on the dated gnutls28 library
> in the repos, which should be resolved when 12.10 hits.

Yeah, in an ideal work everyone would be using GnuTLS 3.0.21 and I
wouldn't have to care about backward compatibility.

In practice though, I've already jumped through significantly bigger
hoops to make everything work as far back as 2.12.16... and Mike has
patched it a bit more to work with 2.12.14. This bit is trivial in
comparison :)

There are enough people out there with old versions of GnuTLS that it
makes sense to do it, I think.