CAC modules

Mcclelland, Michael B Mr CTR USN USA michael.b.mcclelland at us.army.mil
Wed Jul 18 16:33:48 EDT 2012

I'll agree that it is a bit weird that we are using an email certificate to login but for some reason that was the only way that our ASA seemed to work.  It was a design choice that happened long before I was on board.  In any case I'm up and running on Ubuntu as well.  I had one lingering question though regarding certificates:

openconnect --cafile=/etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt -c 'pkcs11:token=MCCLELLAND.MICHAEL.BLAIR.1250312;id=%00%02;object=CAC%20Email%20Signature%20Certificate' https://server.domain/vpn2

I had to add DOD CA certificates to the system certificate store in order to form a trusted connection.  My certificate store appears to work for other applications but OpenConnect doesn't seem to accept it unless I explicitly add the syntax to do so.  Does this imply that Openconnect is acting upon an warning flag from gnutls?