SSL error

Matthew Kitchin (public/usenet) mkitchin.public at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 16:02:38 EST 2012

I've been connecting to a Cisco ASA for some time with no issues. I'm
now moving over to a different one at a new company. I get this error below.
20454:error:14102410:lib(20):func(258):reason(1040):NA:0:SSL alert number 40
every few minutes.
The hits I can find on this are similar to this:
http://www.mail-archive.com/openssl-users@openssl.org/msg51636.html
Is this anything I should worry about?

The initial connection also fails for about 30 seconds, and then comes
up as soon as this text is displayed:
Established DTLS connection
DTLS Dead Peer Detection detected dead peer!
DTLS handshake failed: 1
20800:error:14102410:lib(20):func(258):reason(1040):NA:0:SSL alert number 40
I find this error on this topic:
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/openconnect-devel/2011-May/000302.html

I'm using OpenConnect version v2.25-unknown on OpenWRT backfire. I
realize it is not the newest, but the package for OpenWRT doesn;t seem
to get updated, I i completely failed when I attempted to do it myself.

The only other issue I'm having is related to the group. My previous
connection did not prompt for a group. This one does. I'm trying to keep
this as an automated process, but I"m not having any luck with the
--usergroup=GROUP switch. I doubt this is related to my issue, and so
far I assume it is user error on my part.

I'm not sure if my 2 problems above are related. If so, which one should
I tackle first?