Unable to build openconnect-3.16 in Solaris 10 (x86)

chua wei yang noobishyang at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 22:35:53 EDT 2012

Hi David,

Sorry for the late response, I just reached my office, and I really
appreciate your swift assistance.

>> If you run 'man asprintf' on Solaris 10, what happens?
man asprintf
No manual entry for asprintf.

>> Perhaps it was added in an update, and your system is out of date?
Possible, never heard/know of any update done on this machine; it was
setup/maintained by another guy and he's left.

>> or try the tarball at
>> http://david.woodhou.se/openconnect-3.16-15-g759cb4a.tar.gz
sh ./configure
checking build system type... i386-pc-solaris2.10
checking host system type... i386-pc-solaris2.10
checking whether to disable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... yes
checking for a BSD-compatible install... ./install-sh -c
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... ./install-sh -c -d
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... nawk
configure: error: /etc/vpnc/vpnc-script does not seem to be executable.
    OpenConnect will not function correctly without a vpnc-script.
    See http://www.infradead.org/openconnect/vpnc-script.html for more details.

    If you are building a distribution package, please ensure that your
    packaging is correct, and that a vpnc-script will be installed when the
    user installs your package. You should provide a --with-vpnc-script=
    argument to this configure script, giving the full path where the script
    will be installed.

    The standard location is /etc/vpnc/vpnc-script. To bypass this error and
    build OpenConnect to use the script from this location, even though it's
    not present at the time you are building OpenConnect, pass the argument
    "--with-vpnc-script=/etc/vpnc/vpnc-script"

Yes! I think I'm getting closer now, will try to add the vpnc script
and TUN/TAP driver and update again.