TUNSETIFF failed

James Miller millerjw11708 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 16:03:07 EDT 2012

I am running 64bit Ubuntu precise, and all of a sudden my openconnect
will not connect.  I am assuming it's because of some recent update,
though I can't think of what... it's been a few days since I've tried
it, and several updates have been released since then.

Anyhow, when trying to use the network-manager applet, the VPN just
turns off after I attempt a login.  So to get some more info, I used
the command line... here is the error that comes back after a login
attempt.

Got CONNECT response: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
CSTP connected. DPD 30, Keepalive 20
TUNSETIFF failed: Operation not permitted

any ideas on how I can fix this?