authentication issue with encrypted security question

Brian O'Neill beoneillcan at aim.com
Sat Nov 26 23:38:42 EST 2011

I'm trying to connect to a cisco vpn server that uses the anyconnect
client. Support for Linux is practically non-existent with my IT,
however, over several years, I've been able to make anyconnect work on a
32-bit Mandriva system. Recently, they switched from RSA key to a
password system that uses an secondary security question to authenticate
on any new machine. This has only worked in the with the web version;
even using the anyconnect GUI, the question is not human readable -
probably encrypted. This has not been a big problem with the Mandriva
system, where I just use the web, however, I have a new 64-bit system
(Ubuntu 11.10) and with it the web interface always fails (even using
32-bit firefox, Sun Java etc). With the text version of OpenConnect, I
get as far as the security question and no farther. The NetworkManager
interface just appears to hang. Is there any solution for this in
OpenConnect?