cyanogenmod progress was: Re: openconnect compile error in cyanogenmod.

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sat Jul 9 15:04:10 EDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-07-07 at 17:51 -0400, Jason wrote:

> for those following this, I just made my first connection from within CM
> on the command line, in my phone.  I didn't even have a script, I had to
> hand-jam the routes in to ping the other side.
>
> There's still a lot of work to do.  But it does build inside of CM, and
> I have a skeleton GUI in Settings -> Wifi/Networks -> VPN -> Add a VPN.
> It's an exact copy of the openvpn options, but hopefully I'll have that
> fixed in the next couple of days.

You can start by just asking the user to enter the 'webvpn' cookie, but
of course that's not a very user-friendly solution. They'd have to run
'openconnect --cookieonly' in a terminal to get it :)

I've finished making the 'libopenconnect' shared library which can be
used by authentication tools; I'm not sure how easy it is for you to use
native libraries from the UI though?

Strictly speaking, you don't *need* it. Any HTTP client ought to cope,
and you just need to fill in the XML forms that the server gives you
until you're rewarded with the 'webvpn' cookie on success.

Let me know if you need any help understanding what's going on.