My attempts to port openconnect to windows (cygwin)

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sun Feb 20 16:57:56 EST 2011

On Sun, 2011-02-20 at 22:47 +0100, Johannes Michler wrote:

> unfortunately, I don't know too much on the details how tun/tap and
> tun/tap on windows in special is working. I tried to ping my
> openconnect-IP from another host, but there is no additional
> log-activity on my openconnect-windows-client then :-(

That's bloody odd. You ought to be getting *some* input from the other
end. Two things to test:

Firstly, when you send packets to another box on the network, do they
arrive? You can test with 'tcpdump' on the remote box, perhaps?

Secondly, disable DTLS for now to keep things simple, and leave the
network idle so that keepalives and DPD kick in. Do *they* work and do
you see the traffic from the other end then?

I wonder if it's poll() on the network connection that's failing, and
never indicating that you have data on the socket?