My attempts to port openconnect to windows (cygwin)

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sun Feb 20 14:03:21 EST 2011

On Sun, 2011-02-20 at 19:45 +0100, Johannes Michler wrote:
> Then I looked at vpnc and tried to understand what has to be done
> differently with cygwin. I think most changes should appear in the
> tun.c-file, most other files should be platform-independent. So I wrote some
> code to open the tun-device (copied a log from vpnc). I finally managed to
> compile openconnect.

Thank you for working on this; I had another user saying only today that
it would be useful to have it working on Windows.

If you could post your changes in 'diff -up' or 'git diff' form rather
than just sending the modified C files, that would make life a lot
easier. Please also post plain text only, not HTML. The list doesn't
normally accept HTML.

When you say you can't transfer any data, what exactly *does* happen?

You know your IP address from the VPN connection... if you attempt to
send packets to that IP address from some other host on the VPN or
internal network, does openconnect see them coming over the tunnel?

Do they reach the host? Does openconnect see any packets coming *back*
from the host?

My first suspicion might be the 'packet type' header on the tun/tap
device. Do you need to provide one? Are you?