PKCS11 / smartcard

Tony Beets beets_tony at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 2 12:48:25 EST 2011

Hi David,
Thanks for you answer!

>It *might* be the case that PKCS#11 support is easier in GNUTLS. But I
>suspect the majority of your pain is going to be on the OpenSC side
>anyway.

I am fairly new to opensc and the use of smart cards but it seemed actually pretty straight forward to get it to work. I followed some of the documentation here:

http://www.gooze.eu/tutorials

And here is an example of the pkcs11 engine working with stunnel:
http://www.gooze.eu/howto/using-stunnel-with-smart-cards

If you are interested in supporting smartcard tokens in openconnect I would be happy to contribute to the project by donating a card and a reader (I can probably ship it to you if you want to give me a post address off list).

/Tony