dropping UDP packets in openconnect VPN

er0ck erocks at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 15:25:42 EDT 2011

i'm a user, not an admin. i don't have shell access to the afs
servers, don't think i can run tcpdump on that end.

however, this is silly, but it looks like reducing the MTU has made
afs MUCH more snappy.
the vpn server was giving me an MTU of 1602.  my gig ethernet sans
jumbo frames is set to 1500.  1602 seems pretty big.
i asked another user what his MTU was set to on AT&T client 1362.  i
used that and it seems snappy.

any advice on theory of how to optimize this?

thanks again for all your help.
Too brief? Here's why: http://emailcharter.org