dropping UDP packets in openconnect VPN

er0ck erocks at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 14:49:34 EDT 2011

okay, i was wrong in my understanding on traceroute.
in linux it uses UDP by default and the -U option just prevents it
from incrementing portnumbers:
"  -U  --udp                   Use UDP to particular port for tracerouting
                              (instead of increasing the port per each probe),
                              default port is 53"

plain old traceroutes to the afs servers work just fine.  so i'm back
to square-one trying to figure out why afs is so slow.
thanks for your attempts to help David, this appears to be an afs problem.
i'll have to sit down and do some benchmarking on the vpn in general
and compare to afs.
Too brief? Here's why: http://emailcharter.org