Compiling on OSX

seph seph at directionless.org
Thu Aug 11 17:23:35 EDT 2011

Hi all, I'm having some trouble compiling on osx (snow leopard,
10.6). I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I'm using the current master, and when I run autoconf I get:

configure.ac:5: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
      If this token and others are legitimate, please use
      m4_pattern_allow.
      See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.ac:14: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_ENABLE_STATIC
configure.ac:15: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_DISABLE_SHARED
configure.ac:17: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_ENABLE_SHARED
configure.ac:18: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_DISABLE_STATIC
configure.ac:20: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL

and it results in a configure file that produces this error:

./configure: line 1689: PKG_PROG_PKG_CONFIG: command not found
./configure: line 1696: syntax error near unexpected token `foreign'
./configure: line 1696: `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(foreign)'

Any pointers?

seph