NetworManager and openconnect: using cookies

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sat Oct 9 07:25:37 EDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-10-08 at 11:03 -0300, muriloo at br.ibm.com wrote:

> Thanks for your reply David.
>
> I think we could implement keyring support for password first and after
> implement a function to test if cookie is still valid and save cookie in
> gnome-keyring either.

Yeah, that definitely sounds like the sanest approach.

> For now, I've drafted a patch to add gnome-keyring support for user's
> password. Please refer to the attachment openconnect-add-gnome-keyring-support.patch

Hm, that doesn't seem generic enough. Remember, the server can present
you with *arbitrary* forms to fill in. Some text input boxes are marked
as 'text' and some are marked as 'password' but there can be any number
of each. Just because it's *common* to have a single username and a
single password entry, that doesn't mean it's all we have to cope with.

See how the non-password entries are saved in gconf with under a key
named 'form:$AUTH_ID:$OPT_NAME'? We want something similar for password
entries, I think -- so it can save *any* of the text boxes, not just
one.

Or am I misreading your patch?