openconnect and Cisco VPN router RV042

O. Wagner lists at wagner-www.de
Mon Nov 22 11:50:17 EST 2010

Hello,

I'm searching for a possibility to connect with linux to the Cisco
RV042. While searching for a linux alternativ for QVPN I found a thread
at cisco support community. Here wrote David Woodhouse that there is
maybe a possibility to solve that problem with openconnect and at this
list maybe someone can help.

Link:
https://cisco-support2.uat3.hosted.jivesoftware.com/thread/2040595

The thread was opened for WRVS4400N, but the client software is the same
as for my RV042 VPN. Here some information what was asked at cisco
thread.

=> openconnect certainly does use the certificate/username/password that
you mention. => same information is needed for RV042

=> If you (can) connect to the HTTPS port (port 443) of the VPN server,
it's possibly something that openconnect can work with. => I tried to
connect and the browser told me the certificate is not valid. After
"continue" the browser had a problem, but that's what I expected ;-).

I hope someone can help me to solve the problem. But I'm for the next
few days not at my desktop. That's the reason why I will answer a little
late. Sorry in advance for that.

TIA and best regards,

Oli