network-manager-openconnect, was Re: Error messages /traceroute

Johannes Becker Johannes.Becker at hrz.uni-giessen.de
Wed Feb 24 04:53:43 EST 2010

Am Dienstag, 23. Februar 2010 schrieb David Woodhouse:

> I think you may need to reboot (or at least restart NM and dbus-daemon)
> before the new NetworkManager plugin works.

Because you can't reboot a Live-CD for this purpuse, I checked
it again with Debian Squeeze. It's too boring to report all the
different ways of failures with network manager. It just confirms
my old opinion that network manager makes things not easier.
It may work with special Linux distributions, but if it fails
there's no help.

So I will tell our users to work with the command line.

Regards
  Johannes