network-manager-openconnect, was Re: Error messages / traceroute

Johannes Becker Johannes.Becker at hrz.uni-giessen.de
Tue Feb 23 06:55:03 EST 2010

Am Montag, 22. Februar 2010 schrieb David Woodhouse:

> > .. openconnect doesn't complain if ...
> I think those are fixed in v2.21 by this commit:

Thanks!

> After
> installing the openconnect and NetworkManager-openconnect packages, just
> use the NM configuration tool to add a VPN of the appropriate type, and
> it should all be fairly simple.

I tried the ubuntu 9.10 live CD. I installed the ubuntu packages

network-manager-openconnect Version:
0.8~a~git.20090828t161429.dfe1b50-0ubuntu2

openconnect Version: 2.01-1

You are asked to fill in a gateway and a username.
There is no field for a password.
If you click on the configured vpn-connection, there is an error message
about invalid VPN-Secrets  (as it translates from German to English)

If you start nm-applet in a terminal, you get during the configuration
process:

 ** (nm-connection-editor:3183): WARNING **: Invalid setting VPN: gateway

and while trying to connect:

** (nm-applet:3163): WARNING **: _nm_object_get_property: Error
getting 'State' for /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/ActiveConnection/4:
Method "Get" with signature "ss" on
interface "org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties" doesn't exist

Regards
  Johannes