Openconnect 2.21 + different port + Network Manager

Charles Bovy charles.bovy at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 06:31:10 EST 2010

Hi!

First of all thanks for the good work of OpenConnect. I just start
using it last weekend.
It took me some time to connect to the VPN system, and that is because
of the different setup.

The SSL-server is not running on 443 but on port 10000.
I first tried with the CLI tool only. I discovered a little bug in the ssl.c.

It shows:

user at host:~$ openconnect host:10000
Attempting to connect to host:1000

In ssl.c the following line is present:

snprintf(port, 5, "%d", vpninfo->port);

which I have changed to:

snprintf(port, 6, "%d", vpninfo->port);

Since then the CLI tool works.

The second problem arose when trying to use Network Manager.
Network-Manager plugin does not accept a hostname with a port-number.
nm-openconnect-auth-dialog tries to resolve "host:10000" instead of
"host", and fails.
Probably the function parse_url is required in nm-openconnect-auth-dialog?
I don't have a clue how to fix that, but I managed to get around to
completely replace port 443 by 10000 in all sources.

Sorry for not providing a full patch, but I hope it clarifies the bugs
more or less.

Thanks!

Regards,

Charles